How to Apply
To apply for this position, please provide acompleted application, cover letter and resume. Application materials are due on or before September 25, 2017, and may be submitted by fax to (320) 563-4987, by email to email@example.com or by mail to Bois de Sioux Watershed, 704 Hwy 75 S, Wheaton MN 56296. EOE and Provider.
About the Boise De Sioux Watershed District
The Bois de Sioux Watershed is seeking an Office Manager
General Definition of Work
Performs the intermediate skilled administrative support work of the Bois de Sioux Watershed District. Work is performed under the general direction of the BdSWD board of directors
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides customer service inquiries in person and/or over the telephone or computer, with various subject matter relating to direct operations.
- Coordinates public meetings and attends various public meetings as directed.
- Maintains the district filing system, forms and document control in accordance with data practices, records retention and related requirements. Responds to data requests.
- Develops and distributes public information, brochures, flyers, posters and newspaper articles, as directed or required.
- Manages the district stream gauge program.
- Assists the district permit process, including land owner meetings, assists applicants, database management, action/decisions, etc.
- Ability to obtain a notary public.
- Completes office building maintenance and snow removal as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- General knowledge of the principals and practices of accounting and bookkeeping procedures; General knowledge of accounts payable and receivable policies, practices, and procedures; General knowledge of payroll and benefit policies, practices, and procedures; thorough and skilled at operating standard office equipment and applicable hardware and software; General knowledge of business English and spelling; ability to create and keep records, reports and files; ability to operate a variety of accounting office and data entry equipment; ability to type at a reasonable rate of speed; ability to operate standard accounting software; ability to multi-task; ability to maintain and monitor.
- Financial information with a high degree of accuracy; ability to make arithmetic computations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals; ability to compute rates, ratios and percentages; ability to understand and apply legal guidance into the business practice; ability to communicate effectively in oral and in written forms; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with citizens, associates, agencies and the general public. Be a strong team player and be willing to seek guidance from other professional staff and board when needed.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED equivalent; Associate degree in applied field. Office management experience is preferred.
This work requires the frequent, exertion of up to ten pound force; work requires speaking and hearing, using hands to finger, handle or feel, repetitive motions, frequently requires standing; walking, climbing, or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching with hands and arms, pushing, pulling, and lifting. Work has standard vision requirements, vocal communications is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoked word and conveying detailed or important instructions to others accurately, loudly and or quickly; hearing is required to perceive information at a normal spoken word levels and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or make fine distinctions in sound; work requires preparing and understanding written or computer data, visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts, using of measuring devices, operating motor vehicles or equipment and observing general surroundings and activities; work occasionally involves wet, humid conditions in the field, exposure to fumes and airborne particles; exposure to outdoor weather conditions, work is generally in moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, meeting locations, light traffic).
Valid Driver's License Knowledge of Computers and Software Personal cell phone
Depending on experience